The Garden Preschool
A daily preschool program for ages 2 to 5
- We currently serve 73 children, aged 2 to 5, whose parents are unable to afford schooling. Many of these children are still residing in tent communities which formed after the earthquake on January 12th.
- The preschool is specifically designed to prepare children to be successful in school. Activities develop fine and large motor skills, promote creativity, foster attitudes of cooperation, and provide opportunities to build critical thinking skills. We desire to nurture the whole child - nutritionally, educationally, and spiritually - through Bible stories, education, positive interaction, and a vitamin/feeding program.
- A safe and inviting place for development from 8:30am to 3:00pm, Monday through Friday of each week.
- $50 US to sponsor one child for one month.
Teen Bible Study
A weekly small group Bible Study for teens from the community.
A 6 week Bible-based program for children aged 4 to 14 years.
This 6-week camp takes place each summer in Port au Prince. In 2012, 385 children participated in English Camp. In 2013, we hope to serve even more. English Camp provides many opportunities to get involved with our ministry, through direct involvement in Haiti and also through donations and financial support.
This video highlights English Camp 2012.
- English, Science, Swimming, Crafts, Games, Bible Stories, Bible Verses, and Singing are taught every day, with additional activities on Fridays.
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and clean water are provided to each child every day.
- Each child who completes English Camp is given a backpack filled with school supplies, a camp t-shirt, and a Bible at graduation.
- Sponsorships are available for English Camp. Click here for more information.
- Please contact Patty Sidner, English Camp 2013 Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Maranatha Children’s Home
A loving home for children in the adoption process
The Maranatha Children’s Ministries adoption program provides opportunity for qualifying Haitian orphans to be adopted into loving, caring families. Our licensed crèche, Maranatha Children’s Home, is in Port-au-Prince. The program is run by resident American missionaries Byron and Shelley Tlucek and a trained Haitian staff. We recognize God has graced us with a short period of time to touch these children’s lives. It is our desire to prepare them for success by providing high quality care and nurture as the children wait for their life changing transitions into new families.
Maranatha Children’s Ministries helps adoptive families complete independent international adoptions through the Haitian court system. Parents joining our adoption program will be guided through the entire adoption process from dossier preparation to traveling home with their child. We invite applications by Christ-center families who feel a special call to become trans-cultural, adoptive families.